MerchantofMenaceMerchantofMenace

Let's look at something I've noticed on Newgrounds lately:
People telling others to shut up about Kony 2012: 98%
People actually talking about Kony 2012: .8%
sandvich: 1.2%
Seriously, you know how many people I've heard talking about how they're such a saint for liking a video? None. I haven't heard one person react how newgrounds portrays them to. Sure, everyone knows it's sad, but no one actually reacted like this. You people are just yelling "SHUT UP" at a crowd that hasn't even said anything, and while I am pretty sure there have been people who do actually react like this, they are so outnumbered by the people saying, "shut up about Kony," that I haven't even seen one of them, and there are unfortunately thousands of theses old, tired "shut up" videos, that it is seriously all I see on newgrounds, so this isn't even an original topic.
I fact, I say we should start a new campaign, "The shut up about shutting up about Kony 2012" campaign, because the internet has completely run out of subjects to talk about.
Your humor:forced and bland
Your animation: nothing remarkable
Your voice acting: Egoraptor's in here, so I guess it's not all bad
Originality: Good God, get a new topic to talk about people

Dr Whooves and Assistant Dr Whooves and Assistant

Wow, first review in quite some time, anywho, I found the animation to be... okay, I mean, it does the job, but it's nothing really extraordinary or ground-breaking, but it's not awful, I'll give you that. The voice acting on it's own I found very humorous and it was very well done, but the recording equipment itself I assume is poor quality, so it sounds like they're kind of talking out of a can, making it hard to hear sometimes, however I could tell the voices were well done. The overall humor of the video was silly(in a good way, so don't worry) I found myself constantly smiling and chuckling throughout, and I do hope to soon see the next video, just all in all, work on the recording quality.

Drink your Milk Drink your Milk

Forceps

CUZ HESH LAYS DOWN THE PHAT RHYMES, YA FEEL ME?! I KICK IT FOR REALSIES, NO DEALSIES! I KICK IT OLD-SCHOOLY! I KICK THA CRAP OUT OF THAT SCHOOL! I KICK IT!
lol, those were hilarious, btw, who's Hesh? And where did you get those voices from?

Art of War Omaha Art of War Omaha

I found the art and animation unappeasing, and the gameplay didn't help. Mortars are simply based on luck, and I wish I could say more, but that was about all of the game. Shoot, collect, and hope you don't get shot. I found the game, overall, pretty bland, but keep making games, you learn with each one; I hope to see more.

Running Warrior Running Warrior

I haven't seen worse hit detection in my life! Every time I hit an enemy 9/10 times, the enemy hits me instead, and the sword is so small, and it's so specific as to where it actually does damage, that I have to wait at an extremely specific moment! Then there's the fact that half the time I press the right button, wether it's at the right time or not, the frikin' game just chooses not to do it! It's like the game absolutely disagrees with the action I'm trying to do, so it just doesn't respond; there are even some times when the unresponsive idiot I'm playing as just chooses to do nothing but keep walking, I can press every button, but it can't shed a single shred of acknowledgement. Not only that, but I don't know how to change to a better character, because it's never explained; I'm forever stuck with this terrible character.
Then there's the upgrade system, which has the least choice in any upgrade system I've seen, Fable 3 had a less linear upgrade system, I least with that game I could render the useless upgrades as useless; some these don't even feel like upgrades! They're either unnecessary or actually a drawbrack, or both! I don't need to do more damage! Esspecially not for 5 damn coins! I need a longer sword, with a more responsive game, that actually tells me how to use what's arround me rather than just jump or attack (when it FEELS like it).
The graphics I actually find adorable, but it can't save the gameplay, it never does, and the music is rather forgetable.
The game, as an experience, is weak, but don't let this get you down, I hope you keep making more stuff in the future, and I hope you improve. Keep going and never give up!

Photos of Spiderman Photos of Spiderman

I honestly don't know why people complain so much about this game, it's seriously not all that bad. It has an okay "Where's Waldo?" concept, and breaks it up every once in a while by having a black-out stage, or fans with hoodies, and even gives villians as bonuses; however, I would like to see more variety in movement, then just waving, maby even walking would be okay, but it just makes it too easy to find spiderman.

"Promise me a lie" "Promise me a lie"

Well, it's okay, but the actual "dubstep" part took a little while to start, which almost made me think you had mislabled it in the beginning, and then when it actually started, the bass and beat itself sounded a little lacking, like there wasn't all that much vibration to it, but still, it's okay, just a little bland, and remember, don't ever give up!

Rig - Interlude Rig - Interlude

Perfect for murder houses

I always imagine some lone, demented man living in a crooked shack in the middle of nowhere, just rocking on a wheelchair, waiting.
It gives a very offsetting feeling(which is good in this case) and the crackle only strengthens that, and the warbly off-tune piano notes make it very sinister and just overall creepy. 10/10!

I LIKE YOUR HAT I LIKE YOUR HAT

It's good and for some reason...

It reminds me of Russia.

NG STAFF GAYPARTY NG STAFF GAYPARTY

I like the array of characters, and the amount of detail in them, but there's the problem of very thin outlines, mixed with a lack of contrast which somewhat turn it into this kind of... pile of flesh and weapons. The drawing alone is good, but with the colors all somewhat meshing together, I kind of have to take time to see what's on who for a while.

The Love for His World The Love for His World

I like how it gives a nice "made in a cave" feel, but the lack of colors, as well as the amount of blur in all of it, makes it look rather dull, and a bit washed over, like I accidentaly put it in the wash with my clothes one day. and I can see in the description "To all those who think religion is bad." It's just that those words, to me, seem as though they should inspire one through bright colors and picturesque scenery; however, the colors don't do that justice. It's still a nice piece, and I can at least see the main picture. I hope you can make more in the future, never give up!

Deathrize responds:

Yeah the lack of vivid colors and the fact that my camera made it blurry, kind of brought the pic down a notch will try again maybe at a closet angle.

Bog Monster Bog Monster

Your drawing style is pretty good, though I see some strange depth on his left hind leg, to where the side of his body looks a bit too short, and with the background, I would've really liked to have seen an actual bog. Usually backgrounds don't really bother me, it's just that this guy looks sort of lonely just sitting there, but I find you did the colors very well, and I like the splatters of dirt on the underside, and something about the medium you used I actually kind of like (I'm pretty sure it's digital, but still, it looks good.) Anyways, looking through your other stuff, one thing I like about you is you don't seem to have one set drawing style, where I can just look at the icon and say, "Oh yes, this is a QueenSeason piece" but you seem to have 3 or 4 different drawing styles, changing the type of look on each one, and they always seem to fit well with the drawing. Trust me, the background doesn't bother me TOO much, it's just something that would've gone nicely with it, like A1 with steak.

QueenSeason responds:

Wow, this is a fair bit of critique. First of all I would like to say that I appreciate it!

I see what you mean about the legs though, the anatomy's definitely weird and not very practical on him. I haven't done much monster design for a while so I'll definitely be trying to plan designs out a bit better in the future.

In regard to my style, yes, I modify it slightly to fit the mood I'm trying to go for. I don't post everything here though, so I have a feeling you'd get a greater sense of recurrence (particularly cartoony/anime) if you saw them. I suppose in a way I'm still experimenting. Backgrounds are my absolute demise though. I really wanted to give this little fella one and gave up. If you know of any really great tutorials or guides I would appreciate a link because it's something I'd like to start incorporating. Some day I'll get it right I hope xD

Once again, thank you!