MerchantofMenaceMerchantofMenace

Main News Art Favorites Reviews Stats

All 47 art Reviews

NG STAFF GAYPARTY NG STAFF GAYPARTY

I like the array of characters, and the amount of detail in them, but there's the problem of very thin outlines, mixed with a lack of contrast which somewhat turn it into this kind of... pile of flesh and weapons. The drawing alone is good, but with the colors all somewhat meshing together, I kind of have to take time to see what's on who for a while.

The Love for His World The Love for His World

I like how it gives a nice "made in a cave" feel, but the lack of colors, as well as the amount of blur in all of it, makes it look rather dull, and a bit washed over, like I accidentaly put it in the wash with my clothes one day. and I can see in the description "To all those who think religion is bad." It's just that those words, to me, seem as though they should inspire one through bright colors and picturesque scenery; however, the colors don't do that justice. It's still a nice piece, and I can at least see the main picture. I hope you can make more in the future, never give up!

Deathrize responds:

Yeah the lack of vivid colors and the fact that my camera made it blurry, kind of brought the pic down a notch will try again maybe at a closet angle.

Bog Monster Bog Monster

Your drawing style is pretty good, though I see some strange depth on his left hind leg, to where the side of his body looks a bit too short, and with the background, I would've really liked to have seen an actual bog. Usually backgrounds don't really bother me, it's just that this guy looks sort of lonely just sitting there, but I find you did the colors very well, and I like the splatters of dirt on the underside, and something about the medium you used I actually kind of like (I'm pretty sure it's digital, but still, it looks good.) Anyways, looking through your other stuff, one thing I like about you is you don't seem to have one set drawing style, where I can just look at the icon and say, "Oh yes, this is a QueenSeason piece" but you seem to have 3 or 4 different drawing styles, changing the type of look on each one, and they always seem to fit well with the drawing. Trust me, the background doesn't bother me TOO much, it's just something that would've gone nicely with it, like A1 with steak.

QueenSeason responds:

Wow, this is a fair bit of critique. First of all I would like to say that I appreciate it!

I see what you mean about the legs though, the anatomy's definitely weird and not very practical on him. I haven't done much monster design for a while so I'll definitely be trying to plan designs out a bit better in the future.

In regard to my style, yes, I modify it slightly to fit the mood I'm trying to go for. I don't post everything here though, so I have a feeling you'd get a greater sense of recurrence (particularly cartoony/anime) if you saw them. I suppose in a way I'm still experimenting. Backgrounds are my absolute demise though. I really wanted to give this little fella one and gave up. If you know of any really great tutorials or guides I would appreciate a link because it's something I'd like to start incorporating. Some day I'll get it right I hope xD

Once again, thank you!

Self Portrait Self Portrait

Guns don't kill people...

people with mustaches kill people!

--Kelly is unamused-- --Kelly is unamused--

Define "Doodle"

This is like if someone asked what inspired Leonardo to draw Mona Lisa, he just said, "eh, just a little scribble." The drawing is absolutley amazing. I will admit, there is a bit of a lack of depth going on, making the character look a little flat, but your detail is great.

In Bastogne In Bastogne

See if I can spot them all?

Okay, let's see where you messed up... um... okay do you have some kind of magic vision? 'Cause I'm not spotting a thing.

Rare Sword Rare Sword

Contrast in quality

You made the character nice looking, though the sword is very simplistic looking.

J-Maner responds:

yeah, i'm not good making weapons XD

Assassino Assassino

Shares Balboa's problem

Has this weird jaw and lip, kinda making it look off. However, it can be simply overlooked and I guess you'd either have to pay too much attention to it, or somebody would have to say it for you to notice. And regardless, it's not enough to take away a star. The way you portray him is so good, that even had I not played the game, I still would've instantly wanted it. And another thing, I know it sounds kinda weird, but I would've kind of preferred a full body image, but still not enough to take a star, plus, you did what you could, and it turned out awesome. All my stars are belong to you!

Jerezz responds:

Thank you for your well thought out review.
The lip and jaw aggravated me as well, and after I put it up, I realized that it was kind of screwy. I would have done a full body drawing, only the parchment paper I had was kind of small, and I wanted to be able to put a lot of detail into it.
Thanks again!

Oshiyari Neko Oshiyari Neko

holy crap

That is one mad cat

ZELDA ZELDA

Holy crap.

Link means BUISNESS! I mean, I thought Mario was harsh putting bowser in molten LAVA but this is just... wow.