MerchantofMenaceMerchantofMenace

Main News Art Favorites Reviews Stats

Art of War Omaha Art of War Omaha

I found the art and animation unappeasing, and the gameplay didn't help. Mortars are simply based on luck, and I wish I could say more, but that was about all of the game. Shoot, collect, and hope you don't get shot. I found the game, overall, pretty bland, but keep making games, you learn with each one; I hope to see more.

Running Warrior Running Warrior

I haven't seen worse hit detection in my life! Every time I hit an enemy 9/10 times, the enemy hits me instead, and the sword is so small, and it's so specific as to where it actually does damage, that I have to wait at an extremely specific moment! Then there's the fact that half the time I press the right button, wether it's at the right time or not, the frikin' game just chooses not to do it! It's like the game absolutely disagrees with the action I'm trying to do, so it just doesn't respond; there are even some times when the unresponsive idiot I'm playing as just chooses to do nothing but keep walking, I can press every button, but it can't shed a single shred of acknowledgement. Not only that, but I don't know how to change to a better character, because it's never explained; I'm forever stuck with this terrible character.
Then there's the upgrade system, which has the least choice in any upgrade system I've seen, Fable 3 had a less linear upgrade system, I least with that game I could render the useless upgrades as useless; some these don't even feel like upgrades! They're either unnecessary or actually a drawbrack, or both! I don't need to do more damage! Esspecially not for 5 damn coins! I need a longer sword, with a more responsive game, that actually tells me how to use what's arround me rather than just jump or attack (when it FEELS like it).
The graphics I actually find adorable, but it can't save the gameplay, it never does, and the music is rather forgetable.
The game, as an experience, is weak, but don't let this get you down, I hope you keep making more stuff in the future, and I hope you improve. Keep going and never give up!

Photos of Spiderman Photos of Spiderman

I honestly don't know why people complain so much about this game, it's seriously not all that bad. It has an okay "Where's Waldo?" concept, and breaks it up every once in a while by having a black-out stage, or fans with hoodies, and even gives villians as bonuses; however, I would like to see more variety in movement, then just waving, maby even walking would be okay, but it just makes it too easy to find spiderman.

Hug Marine Hug Marine

You know how sometimes, when there's a sequel, it's just pretty much the first one, but in space? That's what I feel this is doing, where it's just saying "Hug Marine, but this time, in X!" The levels are the same thing, with a different look, and that thing is pretty much just: Jump from point A to point B, and that's it; technically, I didn't even hug anything, I just got to point B. I will admit, the whole concept is funny and pleasant parody of the space marine trudging through dark backgrounds, blah blah blah, and so when I saw "Hug Marine," I was thinking of a parody of a space marine themed shooter, b/w hugs, but all it was was jumping, which kind of dissapointed me.

Arachnophilia Arachnophilia

Simple and fun! This game has a simple premise, and easy to understand gameplay, but still retains its challenge with bees, keeping you from becoming too powerful, and you really just depend on luck, and it in a way reminds me of survival of the fittest, and thanks to your facts, I gained enough knowledge to get a degree in biology.

Envoy Envoy

Bland and forgetable. I could already tell from the instructions that the game would be repetitive, and the gameplay is just boring. Not only that, but if I hadn't had read the description, I would really have no idea of any remote story, and even after reading it, the plot is kind of vague, what is my motive for all of this? Why am I doing this, and for who? The game just leaves so many questions and gives so little, that it really doesn't feel worth it.

REW REW

Good concept, but could've used work

I really did like the concept of going back in time as the story unfolds itself in reverse, making a seemingly useless murder have a purpose, but it's ruined by extremely linear gameplay, and just overall lack of development in everything else, but I really LOVE the music, it gives a pretty sinister feel to everything, and the story is okay, with an interesting concept, and I'll give it credit for being new, but how it's played could use work.

/ ESCAPE \ / ESCAPE \

repetitiveness + constant death = loss of interest

I do like it, trust me, I do, but after a few deaths it loses it's value on how fun it is, and the lack of plot and goal really make it less and less tempting to play. If you had to climb a building, not knowing how tall it would be, not knowing why you'd have to, and people just kept punching you down, forcing you to do it over and over again, eventually you'd quit. Also, while I do appreciate the game changing to random sets of shockers, it seems sometimes it puts you in a position to where no matter which side you're on, you'll die, and while I have usually found ways to work around these, that requires time, which is shortened by the accelerating laser underneath you. Another issue is the annoying trait to where if I keep doing "hold" jumps, it goes higher, (when the long line of motion is behind you) this usually screws everything up, as it then completely changes the original controls, to a point where it makes it hard to manage, forcing me to wait for my jump, which then shortens the me/laser distance, maybe adding some actually useful powerups and the ability to pick a difficulty, and giving us a plot and goal for the ascent would really help it, but nevertheless, with a quick stress-break between every 3000 deaths, one can tolerate it, and still find it enjoyable.

Nimian Flyer Legends Nimian Flyer Legends

Something original, but lacking

The main problem of this game is its graphics, which just seem to consist of a bunch of moving cut-out "cardboard" pieces which are highly pixelated, but it's still excusable, this is a flashgame, not something for the PS3, the aiming with the fire is akward, it didn't seem to actually follow the crosshairs, it just went down, so I was confused as to which to trust. Also, the bouncing the flying creates is annoying, it doesn't add too much challenges with beating the bosses, it just somewhat hinders my controls, and depth perception (seriously, half the time I didn't know what I was going to hit). This doesn't mean the game deserves to be avoided, it's overall easy to get used to. The story to this game is pretty good, and it has a great plot I can follow, with characters I actually kind of like, and I've never really seen a story like this, though I wish there was more depth as to who I am, and where I'm from, among other things, but the one thing that made me love this game was it's soundtrack, I loved every song that played throughout the game. (P.S, what's the song that plays whenever one of the enemies die?)

popopt responds:

Thanks! The music is great, isnt it? I cant remember the name of that track, but all music is by the insanely talented EDGEN http://www.edgen.com/music/

and you can learn a bit more about the world where Nimian Flyer comes from here: http://nimiansaga.com/

thanks for taking the time to leave your comments:)

Good Fortune Good Fortune

A humorous way of sending out a message.

Let me tell you, I'm a Christian, and I've seen other Christians taking this message in the wrong way. Though most people are right, the message is that you can't just tell God to give you something you want, and expect it to happen, He's not a vending machine. And people who believe that He is, are obviously just using Him.

Very good game.

Lots of people find this review helpful!